Welcome to Landmark Trials
Where we collect the most impactful research within the fields of Internal Medicine
Finding the evidence
Evidence-based medicine is the best way to practice healthcare in our modern age. Have you attended rounds as a medical student or resident and heard physicians mentioning certain trials by name? Do you want to learn about some of the most important data behind the guidelines? Here at Landmark Trials we aim to help you do that! We currently have around 200 key articles cataloged and will continue to add more to this site. Click on a study title to get more information about each trial and links to their journals!
Recently Added (January 29, 2023)
- DESTINY-Breast04 trial: Trastuzumab Deruxtecan for HER2-Low breast cancer
- DETERMINATION trial: Stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma
- EINSTEIN trial: Rivaroxaban for VTE
- AMPLIFY trial: Apixaban for VTE
- DIAMOND trial: Continuous Glucose Monitoring for T1DM
- FLEX trial: Duration of bisphosphonates for osteoporosis
- ADVANCE trial: Target HbA1c levels for T2DM
- RENAAL trial: Losartan for diabetic nephropathy
How are these articles selected?
There are several ways by which we identify practice-changing studies. We review guidelines and look up their references, search for trials that resulted in FDA approval of medications, and record the names of trials frequently discussed by physicians in the hospital. Of these papers, we include the ones we feel were most important for medical trainees to know about here. We are still adding landmark studies to this site, so if you would like to suggest some to us please reach out!
Do you think there are some important trials we should add to our site? Please contact us at email@example.com with the trial name, link, and why you think it is a landmark paper! Or use the form below: